Goats' Cheese Salad with Rich Redcurrant Jelly
Posted on: April 26 2013
- 2 tbsp Tracklements Rich Redcurrant Jelly
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 125g goats’ cheese log, sliced into ½ inch rounds
- handful of rocket leaves
- handful of crisp lettuce
- ½ red onion, very finely sliced
- 1 small carrot, grated or julienned
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- olive oil
Serves: 4 as a starter
Mix the Redcurrant Jelly and vinegar together in a small pan over a low heat, stirring until the jelly has dissolved, take off the heat and set aside.
Place the goats’ cheese rounds onto a baking sheet and place under a moderate grill. Grill for 2-3 mins or until the cheese has turned a golden brown.
Meanwhile, mix the rocket, lettuce, onion, carrot and tomatoes together and divide between the four plates. Drizzle with olive oil.
To serve, gently place the goats’ cheese on top of the salad and pour over the redcurrant, balsamic sauce. Serve with crusty bread.