Mushrooms and Bacon in Creamy Mustard Sauce
- 8 thick diagonal slices ciabatta bread
- 350g field mushrooms (or other mushrooms of your choice)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 25g butter
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 4 rashers streaky bacon, chopped
- 2 tbsp brandy or lemon juice
- 4 tbsp crème fraiche (approx 200ml)
- 2-3 dsp Tracklements Original Wiltshire Mustard
- handful fresh parsley, chopped
Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas mark 6. Put the ciabatta slices onto a baking tray, drizzle with oil and bake for 3-4 mins or until golden, turn over and cook for another 3-4 mins.
Trim the mushrooms and cut into thick slices.
Heat the oil and butter in a heavy based frying pan, add the garlic and red onion and sauté until slightly softened.
Add the bacon and fry for 2-3 mins. Add the mushrooms and sauté until slightly soft. Add the brandy or lemon juice and let bubble for a few mins. Add the crème fraiche and Tracklements Original Wiltshire Mustard and simmer for 3-4 mins, season to taste.
Put 2 slices of toast onto each plate and divide the mushroom mixture between the two. Scatter over the fresh chopped parsley and serve.