Honey and Sweet Mustard Pork Belly
Posted on: April 25 2013
- 800g pork belly (whole piece)
- 1 small onion, cut into half and each half studded with 3 cloves
- 3 shallots, peeled
- 1 carrot, cut in half length ways
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- pinch ginger powder
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 1 ltr chicken stock
- zest of half an orange
- Bouquet garni
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 large onions, cut into quarters
- 2 leeks, cut into chunky pieces
- 1 head of garlic, broken into cloves and peeled
- olive oil
- 200ml Tracklements Sweet Mustard Ketchup
- 4tbsp clear honey
Place all the ingredients in a saucepan, except for the root vegetables and glaze. Bring to the boil.
Immediately reduce the heat to a very low simmer for 2 hours until the meat is tender and soft. Take out of the liquid and, when cool, remove the rind. Do not take off too much of the fat.
Pre heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
Mix together the glaze. Put the root vegetables in a roasting tray and drizzle with a little oil. Put the pork belly on top of the vegetables and brush with the glaze. Roast for approximately 30 mins, basting regularly with the Sweet Mustard Ketchup and honey mixture.
Share out the vegetables between 4 plates with slices of pork belly on top and serve with a spoonful of mustard mash.