This green chilli jam can also technically be made with red chillies as well if you prefer a different kick to it. It works amazingly with a tuna steak, stirred into prawn noodles, or even on top of an oatcake if that’s your thing.
Green Chilli Jam Recipe:
Tracklements’ Chilli Jam makes 8 jars (and you’ll want to eat every one yourself!)
Time (Cooking): 50 minutes – 1 hour (approx.)
– 500ml Cider Vinegar
– 1.5kg Raw Cane Sugar
– 120ml Lemon Juice
– 30g Garlic, crushed
– 400g Onions, peeled and roughly chopped
– Heaped tablespoon of salt
– 750g Green or Red Chilli Peppers, deseeded and finely chopped
– 750g Green or Red Peppers, roughly chopped
1. Whizz the onion, pepper and garlic with a hand held blender for 10 seconds.
2. Warm the vinegar in your pan, and add the sugar stirring until it has dissolved. Add the lemon juice and stir in.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and then bring to the boil, stirring frequently. Keep at a rolling boil for between 30-40 minutes, until the mixture has thickened to a good consistency.
4. Pour straight into sterilized jars and lid.
Advice on preparing, making and enjoying your Green Chilli Jam:
The process isn’t unlike making a fruit jam. You boil the sugar and vinegar with the chilli and peppers, and then take it down to a rolling boil for about half an hour. If you’re not sure of what a rolling boil is, it’s a light-ish boil where bubbles rumble across the surface. Anything more than this, such as spitting, and that’ll boil away the flavour which is something you’ll want to avoid!
We know you’ll simply love this Green Chilli Jam recipe from Tracklements! If you’ve got any super suggestions or tasty thoughts of what this can go with, we’d love to hear in the comments below.
Love this recipe, but don’t quite have the time to make it yourself?