Serves: 4 as a side dish
Place the potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water and cook uncovered for 15-20 mins or until tender. Meanwhile, make the dressing by combining all the relevant ingredients and mixing well. Whilst the potatoes are still warm, add them to the dressing along with the onion, capers, gherkins, parsley, chilli, salt & pepper and mix well. Combining the ingredients when the potatoes are warm ensures the potatoes absorb the dressing as they cool. Serve immediately at room temperature.
- 1kg waxy potatoes (good varieties are Charlotte, Anya, Nicola), cut into bite sized pieces.
- 1 small red onion, very finely chopped
- 1 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp gherkins, roughly chopped
- handful of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- sprinkle of dried chilli flakes (optional)
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
For the dressing: