Heat oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4.
Add a tbsp of oil to a large, oven and hob friendly casserole dish and heat until really hot. Cut the lamb into 4cm chunks, and brown in the hot oil a batch at a time without overcrowding. Turn the heat down then add the onions, oregano, ground cinnamon and the rest of the olive oil. Stir well.
Put into the oven uncovered for 45 mins, stirring halfway.
Remove from the oven, pour over the chopped tomatoes, the Apricot & Ginger chutney and stock, stir then cover tightly and return to the oven for 1½ hrs, until the lamb is very tender.
Stir in the orzo. Cover again and cook for a further 20 mins, stirring halfway through. The orzo should be cooked and the sauce thickened.
Sprinkle with grated Parmesan.
- 1kg boned shoulder or leg of lamb
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped oregano,or 1 tsp dried
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 250g jar Tracklements Apricot & Ginger Chutney
- 500ml hot chicken or vegetable stock
- 400g orzo
- freshly grated Parmesan,to serve
Serve with crusty bread and side salad