These sticky sausage skewers are an all mighty centrepiece that don’t come with the mighty workload.
– Lay the bacon flat on a baking tray & place under a medium-high grill for 5-8 mins until the bacon is caramelised and really crisp. Place on some kitchen roll to cool and crisp up further.
– Place the baguettes on a baking tray and cook according to packet instructions. Remove from the oven and when cool enough to touch, using a sharp bread knife, slice the baguettes into 2cm thick slices on the diagonal.
– Add the nuts to a baking tray. Toast in the oven for 4 mins or until golden. Shake the nuts half way through toasting. Once toasted, remove from the oven, allow to cool before chopping.
– Place the bruschetta pieces back on the tray, cut side up & turn the grill down to medium-low.
– Spread each piece of bread with the onion chutney. Cut the brie into pieces the length of the bruschetta. Place the brie on top and grill for 2 mins until the brie’s melted.
– Take the bacon & snap into shards. Remove the bruschettas from the grill. Finish each bruschetta with a shard of bacon, a generous sprinkling of toasted nuts & a sprig of thyme.